Serving the San Joaquin Valley
- The Asthma Impact Model (AIM) Program is a multi-component intervention program whose purpose is to improve the lives of those suffering with asthma by reducing triggers in the home and school setting as well as ensuring access to and proper use of, asthma medications and tools while facilitating regular visits to a health care provider. AIM improves the management of asthma and reduces asthma emergencies among a high-risk population in the region.
- Provide in-home environmental evaluations, health education, case management, testing and utilization review.
- Develop partnerships with local Managed Care Organizations, agencies and clinicians.
- Calculate and report intervention outcomes and costs, determine policy implications, assess feasibility of scaling, and develop specific policy goals for sustainability.
- “The (AIM) program has helped me a lot in understanding asthma triggers. I’m washing all bedding once a week as recommended and I damp dust and clean my house on a regular basis.” – Modesto Reyes, mother to 5 year old Miguel Angel.
- “I’m really grateful to be part of this (AIM) program because now I know what needs to be done to help my children live a normal life.” – Juanita Sanchez, mother of two asthmatic children.
- After the home assessment, it has been about a year since my son has had any symptoms.” –Janet Magana, Mother of AIM participant.