Intern Job Description: Special Events Intern
The mission of the Central California Asthma Collaborative is to reduce the burden of asthma and other similarly related respiratory conditions in the San Joaquin Valley. This is accomplished by advancing health knowledge, creating healthy home and school environments, and by promoting access to quality healthcare.
Central California Asthma Collaborative core values are education, stewardship, and supporting communities to improve the lung health and quality of life for Central Valley residents. Our vision is to restore healthy communities where everyone can breathe easier.
Where: Fresno, CA
Hours: 8-12 hours/week in the office.
Description: Central California Asthma Collaborative seeks an enthusiastic, problem-solver individual to assist with event planning efforts. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Solicit sponsors through email, phone, or in-person communications.
- Create and draft a list of potential sponsors and timeline periods for follow-up
- Draft and distribute promotional materials (i.e flyers, brochures)
- Create and update CCAC’s website content for special events and social media venues.
- Manage and implement a plan for prizes and giveaways.
- Act as the representative in securing vendors and provide assistance on event details, vendor applications, and ensure that vendors have been confirmed.
- Update guest registration, make a list of attendees, and related data entry.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up
- Compile a list of confirmed attendees and send reminder emails about the event’s agenda.
- Coordinate and assist the planning committee in various logistics activities, merchandise pick-up, assembling materials, printing, etc.
- Assist with volunteer coordination and management, recruiting, and placement of volunteers in the diverse activities needed, set-up meetings, and create schedules.
- Pursuing or completed a Bachelors or Graduate degree, preferably with an interest in event planning and non-profit management.
- Proficient in the use of diverse social media platforms
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, good organizational, and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Central California Asthma California and the families we serve
How to apply: Please e-mail or send cover letter including availability, resume, and if applicable a letter from the school or program verifying the need for the internship hours:
Nunu Sixay, Event Coordinator, at email@example.com